Learning how to be a leader is important! Why? Because
How you do ANYTHING is how you do EVERYTHING.
and your team is watching how you manage them and comparing it with what comes out of your mouth.
- What strategies are you using to build your leadership skills?
- What about building your team? Are you modeling teamwork and collaboration?
- Are you inspiring confidence by your leadership style?
- How are the communication lines in your company?
Without specific and intentional leadership development, you and your team will be able to grow to a certain level, but will never be able to get to the next level of growth or success. Our curriculums and workshops can show teach you and/or your teams how to close the gap between theory and practice. Most business owners or non-profit leaders have read all the ‘books’. What they don’t have is the practical understanding of the ‘why’ (why does it really matter, and does it?) and ‘how’ (how can I do this when I already have too much to do?).
Take this short quiz and see where your organization falls. Rate each question on a scale from 1-10 (1- Never, 10-Always)
- Do you reschedule meetings ‘often’ (more than 1 time per month)?
- Do your leaders say they feel ‘overwhelmed’ or ‘burned out’?
- Are you late for a meeting more than once a month?
- Do you return phone calls within 1 business day?
- Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?
- Does your team have to work around your moods?
- Do you expect your team to communicate in the way you want to be communicated to?
- Does your non-verbal communication demonstrate respect?
- Are you open to new ideas when they are not yours?
- Would your team rate you the same way you rated yourself on each of these questions (1-Not at All, 10- All the same)
If you’re not sure on your score, or your total score (add them all up) was more than 30, your organization could benefit from some insights. Contact us about a free evaluation on how you can improve the emotional intelligence and leadership skills of your organization. Regardless of how good you are ‘technically’ (i.e. as a plumber, general carpenter, nurse, or minister) there are the ‘other skills’ that will make or break your organization if you ignore them.
Let’s talk and see if one of our Leadership Academy workshops can give you realistic actions to apply now to enhance your own performance and the performance of those you lead.